House Doctor® approved services include Home Staging and Property Styling. Home Staging is the art of preparing a property for sale in order to enhance its desirability to your target buyers, to enhance its overall value and to increase its saleability.
A technique bought to the UK by Ann Maurice, the only and original House Doctor®, in 2004, Home Staging has been proven time and time again to work. Before the property recession, price increases were recorded of 10 -15% over the original asking price and properties sold immediately following home staging.
In the USA and Northern Continental Europe it is standard practice to stage a property before it on the market.
meet the needs, expectations and aspirations of your buyers.
Home Staging is a service especially for you if you are thinking of selling your home, your investment property, or if you are selling on behalf of a family member or for probate.
prepare your property before inviting an estate agent to value it.
Selling your home is not always easy. It is classed as one of the most stressful events you go through in life. You need to be fully aware of all that is involved but if you have not sold a property for say 20 years that is really challenging. That is where I can help you.
It maybe that your property is already on the market but you are struggling to sell it. Don’t worry I can help you too.
what can a house doctor® consultant do for me?
- I can establish what may stop your property from selling even before it is listed for sale
- I can establish what may be stopping your property from getting viewings and offers if you are already marketing your property
- I will provide you with verbal recommendations at your initial consultation of the actions you can take to improve your situation
- I will provide you with a full appraisal of your current marketing strategy if you are struggling to sell, so that you know how to progress and work with your agents
- I will work with you to develop a marketing strategy if you are not yet listed, so you will be confident in knowing what is going to happen next.
- I will work with you to implement the recommendations I make in the initial consultation so that you can be sure that your buyers will have their aspirations fulfilled when they buy your house.
- I can introduce you to my tried and trusted contractors so that you don’t have to worry.
- Ideally you should never have to be present when buyers come to view. If your chosen agent is not able to conduct the viewing I can be there for you.
- If your marketing strategy includes an ‘Open House’, I can host that for you – just so you don’t have to!
The desired result of all the effort is to get you a sale – to allow you to move on with the next stage of your life.
how much does home staging cost?
Expect to spend between 1% and 3% of your asking price on preparing your home for sale, when compared to the average first price reduction of 10% your investment is soundly made – as long as your agents do not over value in the first instance and you are realistic in your expectations. This excludes any structural or external work that may be deemed necessary.
this is home staging not interior design
Home Staging is about setting the scene so that SOMEONE ELSE can see themselves living in your house.
Interior Design is creating the home of your dreams for YOU to live in.